If you are one of those who are searching for a solution for a query like- “How to open and view MBOX files without thunderBird?” Then grab your solution by reading the article. Here, I suggest you the best method to open and view MBOX files without ThunderBird. Let’s start…
MBOX files are the file types that several email applications use to store emails. Nowadays, there are 30+ email clients that use these file types to save users’ profile emails locally as a backup.
This file format supports saving mail folders with emails and their associated attachments. A single MBOX file can save a complete mail folder with unlimited emails.
On another side, ThunderBird is one of the mail clients that use MBOX files. This Thunderbird desktop email client uses MBOX files to preserve users’ mail profile data.
Also, it is able to import MBOX files and provide a preview of emails from those MBOX files.
Why do users need to view MBOX files without ThunderBird?
Thunderbird can easily open MBOX files and also can provide previews of emails from those files. But in situations, where users don’t have Thunderbird or any other MBOX-compatible mail client in their machine.
In that kind of situation, users require to open/access MBOX files without Thunderbird
Best way to open and view MBOX files without ThunderBird
The solution that helps users to open and view MBOX files directly is FreeViewerTool MBOX Viewer software. It will assist you in directly accessing all kinds of MBOX files. This tool will provide a clear preview of all emails with all their relevant details from MBOX files. Not only Thunderbird but also it can open MBOX files of all other supported email clients- Apple Mail, Eudora, Opera Mail, etc with the same process.
Working Steps of eSoftTools MBOX Viewer software –
- Download and install MBOX Viewer Software on your computer.
- launch the software and click the Add MBOX File/Folder button.
- Now choose the option for file selection from the options:-
- Select MBOX: – Add a single MBOX file manually from a known location.
- Select MBOX Folder: – Choose a folder having multiple sub-folders having MBOX files at add them at one time.
- Auto-Load Thunderbird Profile: – Auto-load all mail folders having MBOX/MSF and other email files from the default Thunderbird storage location.
- Select MBOX files and add them to the software.
- Load all MBOX folders, select each folder, and extract their inner emails.
- Click on each MBOX file email and get a preview of each email with its relevant information.
Note: – Double-click on each MBOX file’s email and view them on a separate screen.
Here are some best features of eSoftTools MBOX Viewer
- Users will get a clean GUI with this software to access the software with ease.
- Provides preview of each MBOX file email in a separate screen.
- Supports loading multiple MBOX files at one time to provide a preview of emails.
- Open MBOX files and provide a clear preview of emails with attachments.
- Has the ability to open MBOX files of any size without restrictions.
- Supports all the versions of Windows OS (including the latest- Windows 11).
Note: – The software is also available with paid edition, that supports opening MBOX files and also supports to export emails from MBOX files to multiple conversion and cloud import options such as- EML, EMLX, PST, Office 365, Gmail, and more, etc.
I hope after reading the post now you are able to open and view the MBOX file without ThunderBird. I suggest every user download and try the eSoftTools MBOX viewer tool. Give it a try and get a clear preview of all email items from MBOX files.